About Me

My photo
Prairie Grove, Arkansas, United States
I am outgoing and fun! I love people. I love the ocean. I am married to my best friend Ben and have a wonderful little girl named Ashtyn. I love teaching high school!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting Artsy in Business Classes!


Everything from typing to art in my classes! I am so thankful that I have such an array of topics to teach! I have a web design class where we do a lot of intense work and it stays pretty quiet and focused but I also have Desktop Publishing and Fashion Design where I feel like a kid doing art projects again. It is so much fun to design and create! We have an activity cart and it has markers, colored pencils, glue sticks, rubber cement, magazines, paper, posters and all kinds of other things. I assigned a lesson yesterday and told the students to create a PowerPoint to show 5 outfits that were inspired by a song in history. We did "Beat it" by Michael Jackson, "Material Girl" by Madonna, "Purple Rain" by Prince, "Unforgettable", and others suggested by the Fashion guide and students. The students actually asked me if they could ALSO do posters to showcase the designs on our wall! I was so excited and made the activity worth additional points so they could be creative and decorate the class. They LOVE this. I let each class take a few weeks and we put up their work and then we rotate to my other classes. They like the friendly competition and try to outdo each others designs. Some goes inside and some goes in the hall to showcase for the whole school. What a great year I am having....despite the hectic schedule!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers