About Me

My photo
Prairie Grove, Arkansas, United States
I am outgoing and fun! I love people. I love the ocean. I am married to my best friend Ben and have a wonderful little girl named Ashtyn. I love teaching high school!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Clothing and Global Culture Lesson


Yesterday in class we started a project about Fashion in other countries and how people dress. We talked about clothing worn for protection from environmental factors, religious beliefs and customs. Each student was assigned a religious group or culture to research. They had to make a presentation based on their report. I assigned Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, Swedish, Moroccans, Germans, Mexicans, American Indians, Egyptians, Thai, Jamaicans, Filipinos, Arabic, Africans, Muslim faith, Amish, Buddhist, and Jewish to name a few. The kids LOVED it! They learned about other cultures and put together creative presentations. Here is Macie, she did American Indians and she did a poster and PowerPoint as well as made an outfit out of paper! We had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers